Scientist - Herbicide Discovery
Major responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the design and implementation of assays for characterization of herbicidal effects of candidate chemistries on agronomically important weed species.
- Collaboration with a diverse team of scientists to identify and validate herbicide targets and optimize lead chemistries creating a pipeline of herbicide product candidates.
- Collaborate with external partners to conduct advanced characterization of candidate molecules.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to apply their expertise in weed science, plant physiology, and agronomy to advance multiple, small molecule discovery campaigns from screening to identification of development candidates. She or he should have a good understanding of current weed control practices and will apply this knowledge to the discovery and development of novel herbicide active ingredients.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to excel in a multidisciplinary environment both as a leader and member across multiple project teams. As an early addition to the scientific team, this person will have an opportunity to help us establish a culture that nurtures scientific excellence, a sense of urgency to achieve project success, and success built on collaboration and personal accountability.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D. in Weed Science, Plant Physiology, Agronomy or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the characterization of herbicides in the lab, greenhouse and field.
- Expert understanding of weed biology, herbicide physiology, resistance mechanisms and herbicide modes of action.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and conducting research trials including protocol design and execution.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstration of project leadership and data-driven decision making.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your current c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Enko Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
No Employment Agencies please, the Company is not responsible for any fees related to candidates that are unsolicited.